- Closing date 31 Aug 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Contract
A leading Cambridge Science Park biotech company, who provide products and services globally, are seeking a Logistics Administration Assistant to work in their logistics team.
The candidate should be a competent, hard-working and reliable individual to join a high-paced, dynamic Logistics Team in Cambridge. You will be responsible for liaising with production, managing the shipping of stock and coordinating the delivery of finished goods worldwide, liaising with couriers and customers to ensure a seamless logistics service.
- Liaising with sales and production colleagues and planning logistics schedules
- Handling a variety of product types, more than 90% of which require cold chain transport
- Preparing and printing necessary export and import documentation
- Checking product stocks to ensure products are available for outgoing orders
- Packaging and dispatching orders
- Updating system to change order status, such as marking as dispatched
- Assisting with resolution of email enquiries and projects as required
- Courier invoice checking, claims processing and general administration
- Suggesting automation and/or improvements for front and back end processes and functionality
- Highly attentive to detail
- Must be organised, decisive, efficient and practical
- Creative and methodical thinking for problem resolution
- Thrives in a physically active role
- Self-starter and proactive with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of importing/exporting and communicating with customs offices worldwide (desired but not essential)
- Biology or Science graduate (desired but not essential)
- Ecommerce platform experience
- Second language desired (French, German, Arabic, Chinese or Japanese)
You will have a knack for prioritizing tasks and be able to pride yourself delivering an excellent customer experience. Full training will be provided with this role.
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
The site offers excellent sport facilities, including a gym classes, on-site nursery, as well as a restaurant and café. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme and healthcare benefits.
This is a full time, 3 month contract, which will extend to a permanent position for the right person. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (one hour lunch). Please apply with CV.
For informal enquiries, please email [email protected] and quote job reference: 'LAA03'.
Find out more about our interview process.
To make your application you will need to register on our site. This will allow us to process your application quickly and will allow you to keep track of the status of your application.