- Closing date 28 Feb 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Looking for a scientific role away from the lab?
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work for a leading Cambridge Science Park biotech company providing products and services globally.
We are looking for a competent, hard-working and reliable individual to join our high-paced, dynamic Logistics Team in Cambridge. You will be responsible for managing the shipping of stock and coordinating the delivery of finished goods worldwide, liaising with couriers and customers to ensure a seamless logistics service.
Role & Responsibilities
- Checking product stocks to ensure products are available for outgoing orders
- Planning logistics schedule
- Preparing and printing necessary export and import documentation
- Packaging and dispatching orders
- Updating system to mark any dispatched orders
- Assisting with resolution of email enquiries and projects when required
- Suggesting automation and/or improvements for front and back end processes and functionality
Requirements & Skills
- Must be organized, decisive, efficient and practical
- Attention to detail and ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Multi-tasker with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Capable of keeping calm under pressure and of methodical problem solving
- Experience of importing/exporting and communicating with customs offices worldwide (desired but not essential)
- Biology or Science graduate (desired but not essential)
- Second language desired (French, German, Arabic or Chinese)
You will have common sense, good communication skills and a good memory. You will have a knack for prioritizing tasks and be passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience. Full training will be provided with this role.
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
The site offers excellent sport facilities, including a gym classes, on-site nursery, as well as a restaurant and café. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme and healthcare benefits. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (one hour lunch).
Please apply with CV through our website here.
Email: [email protected] and quote job reference: 'LAA01'.
FOR AGENCIES – WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.