- Closing date 30 Jan 2022
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
We are looking for a Licensing and Access Manager to join our Sales Operations department. The successful candidate will lead the four-person Access Management team (Contracts & Copyrights; Technical Support) in management of content licensing and access control systems, ensuring essential workflows and contracted suppliers are robust, efficient, and aligned to current and future RSC objectives and industry best practice
As Licensing and Access Manager, you will work closely with colleagues in the Sales Support and Global Sales teams to deliver against sales targets via sales of RSC publishing product. The successful candidate will also work alongside stakeholders in Publishing teams to understand long term licensing and access control requirements for RSC publishing products and ensure appropriate systems, workflows and policies are in place to support the organization’s future needs.
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrable knowledge of copyright and related intellectual property law and issues in a publishing environment
- Experience negotiating complex licences, preferably in the publishing sector, with a good understanding of licensing models and methods
- Demonstrable knowledge of access control technologies in the publishing sector
- Understanding of current developments in the scholarly communications sector, specifically content licensing, and access control, and how they will be relevant to the RSC
- Continuous improvement mindset, always considering how to streamline or improve workflows to the benefit of internal and external stakeholders
- Track record of building successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results
- Experience in defining and progressing systems and workflow improvements, including outsourcing contracts and delivering results through third party service providers
- Proven experience of successfully managing a process and/or target-driven team or department
- Demonstrable people management skills, managing performance and development.
The contractual base for this role is Cambridge, however we are currently embracing hybrid working, and therefore you will have the opportunity to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role.