- Closing date 31 May 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Full time or part time of at least 25 hours over at least four days considered
At Qkine we are re-defining industry standards for growth factor protein quality and innovating to design better growth factors and enable our customers to more reproducibly and cost-effectively scale their stem cell, organoid and regenerative medicine applications. We have already attracted a loyal customer following from both leading biotech and pharmaceutical organisations, as well as world-class academic institutions, and have successfully completed a series A investment round, which will enable the next phase of our growth.
We are looking for an experienced laboratory technician or laboratory manager who will help with the day-to-day running of the laboratory and would like to work in a busy and dynamic environment during the next phase of our growth.
You will help with the day-to-day running of the laboratory including:
· R&D and manufacturing support activities such as preparing media, competent cells, buffers, SDS-PAGE gels in accordance with standard operating procedures
· Maintaining, calibrating and testing equipment
· Receiving, ordering and monitoring stock levels of consumables
· Managing laboratory waste and general laboratory tidying
· Cell culture
· Shipping customer orders and any other supporting activities, we are a small team, so everyone pitches in
· Hold a BSc in biochemistry (or a related field or equivalent experience) with 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience
· Have experience in industry. Working within an ISO9001 or ISO13485 environment would be an advantage
· Practical experience of protein purification or cell culture is desirable, although not essential, full training will be given
· You will have meticulous attention to detail and good communication skills
· Have a friendly attitude and excellent organisation skills.
We believe in nurturing our team, empowering individuals and working flexibly. We do this while exceeding the expectations of our customers and collaborators with a continual focus on delivering the best service and products.