- Closing date 17 Jun 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of cell therapies, as well as pioneer an entirely new class of in vivo reprogramming therapies using our proprietary suite of platforms to direct cellular reprogramming (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) and the maintenance of cell identity (Kamaraj et al., Cell Systems, 2020). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a conscientious and dependable Laboratory Technician. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Be responsible for managing our inventory using a Kanban system, restocking our laboratories and storeroom as necessary.
- Order laboratory consumables using a computer-based system.
- Manage the Goods-Inwards process, including the receipt of goods, reconciling and booking in deliveries using an online system, and being the point of contact for delivery queries.
- Ensure all goods received are stored appropriately, frequently requiring movement/maneuvering of goods up to 20kg across multiple floors of the building.
- Conduct routine laboratory procedures, including aliquoting reagents, managing different waste streams by recycling and autoclaving.
- Perform daily laboratory cleaning tasks, including managing our laundry process and monthly equipment care.
- Interact with other laboratory and scientific personnel, assisting with queries and issues as appropriate.
- Ensure that all tasks undertaken are compliant with our Health and Safety policies.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with initiative and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to respond flexibly to shifts in priorities.
- Polite, pleasant, and friendly approach to interacting with others.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, able to produce and maintain accurate records.
- Have a demonstrated interest in science.
- Basic proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, and an ability to quickly gain competence with unfamiliar software.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Prior laboratory experience would be strongly preferred.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 30 days)
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected]