- Closing date 17 Aug 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Oxford Gene Technology (OGT) provides world class genetic research solutions to leading clinical and academic research institutions. We are a rapidly growing company with state-of-the-art facilities and over 100 employees based at our Cytocell ® office in Cambridge and our head office in Oxford. With customers in over 60 countries worldwide and ambitious expansion plans, we have a strong reputation and increasing share in the large and growing genomic medicine market.
An opportunity has arisen in our Operations Team, which is responsible for manufacturing, packing, shipping, health & safety and facilities management coordination.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will provide a range of support to the manufacturing and operational teams working within the laboratory.
Your duties will include:
· Preparing buffers and solutions
· Performing gel electrophoresis and spotting of cell samples
· Product aliquoting, including probe and reagents
· Labelling and preparation of glass devices
· Cleaning, sterilising and generally maintaining a clean and organised working environment
· Tasks relating to the production process such as final product assembly, booking in and unpacking of warehouse stock and assisting with shipment of finished goods
· Following processes and procedures in the Cytocell quality system and documenting tasks using approved ISO compliant documentation
· Reporting non-conformances or safety related issues using approved procedures
· Timely completion of all paperwork
You will have:
- Experience within a production or laboratory environment
- Quality system experience following SOPs and protocols
- The ability to follow detailed processes and work to deadlines in a sometimes highly pressured environment
- A good eye for detail
- An organised approach to work
- The ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme (10% non-contributory)
- Private Health Insurance
- 21 days holiday rising with service
- High Street Discount Scheme
Application is via CV & a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and confirming you have the right to work in the UK to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 17 August 2020.
No agencies please