- Closing date 15 Sep 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
We are looking for an enthusiastic, consultative and ambitious Sales Executive to join our Sales team at the Royal Society of Chemistry selling journals, database, archive and eBook products.
You will have responsibility for developing and proactively managing relationships across Southern Europe in order to exceed ambitious sales targets. You will need to be prepared to travel extensively across the region, selling to universities, consortia and corporate customers. Your role will include faculty calling, managing subscription agents, forecasting and reporting sales performance.
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, you will have a proven track record in sales. This role would suit a strong team player with excellent communication skills. Experience within STM Publishing would be advantageous for this role as would fluency in French, Italian and Spanish as well as English.
Your responsibilities will focus on;
- Promoting and proactively selling designated Royal Society of Chemistry products to customers across the territory, including consortia, universities and corporate institutions to ensure achievement of sales targets. On average, you should expect to spend 2-3 days per week meeting customers face to face with a target of 3 meetings per day.
- Represent the RSC on main industry conferences including presentations of our portfolio and activities
- Working on customer proposals to achieve sales targets.
- Maintaining sales and revenue analysis reports for the region comparing sales versus targets (revenue, unit sales, cancellations) and accurately forecast sales performance for the month and year.
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with new and existing customers to ensure renewal of existing and growth of new business.
- Proactively following up sales leads / enquiries to establish customer needs and present and demonstrate relevant products.
- Proactively generating opportunities for new journals in line with targets and follow-up leads provided by Business Development team.
- Making use of telephone and email communications as required for targeting of and sales to customers.
- Providing customer and market feedback on existing and potential products to marketing and editorial and work to develop good relationships with these colleagues.
- Maintaining up to date customer profiles via Salesforce for all customers detailing contacts, areas of interest, opportunities, tasks and activities.
We are looking for;
- Experience of Excel / PowerPoint / Word is essential.
- Experience of CRM tool such as Salesforce is desirable.
- Previous sales experience is essential; should possess good negotiating skills, able to handle customer objections, and be self-motivated.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential for this role.
- Multi-lingual is desirable (English, French, Italian, Spanish)
- Valid, clean driving licence.
- STM publishing experience desirable
- Educated to degree level is desirable.