- Closing date 17 Oct 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for an Insights Manager to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. Based at our Cambridge office. As part of the Data Science & Insights Team, you, as the Insights Manager will play a key role in understanding our customers and markets.
The RSC is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 50,000 members worldwide. We have an exceptionally diverse customer base – from teachers, scientists and academics, librarians and industry to politicians and the public. Understanding our key customers is vital to deliver products and services that will effectively support and meet the needs our global chemistry community now and in the future.
As an Insights Manager you will lead the generation of robust customer, market, business and competitor intelligence and insights to inform stakeholders in decision-making and strategic direction across the organisation. This is delivered through the collection, collation and analysis of customer, market and competitor information. Leading a team of Insights professionals, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the RSC’s Insights and Intelligence capability, using qualitative and quantitative research to investigate our communities, customers and markets, and formulating actionable recommendations to help to inform commercial decision-making.
The customer is at the heart of our organisation, and as a part of our marketing team you will be responsible for growing the organisation’s understanding of our customers through analysis and insight to ensure their needs and experiences come first. An audience of our customers is exceptionally diverse – from teachers, scientists and academics, librarians and corporates to politicians and the public.
We are looking for:
- Professional qualification in, and/or substantial practical knowledge of market research, consumer behaviour or related discipline
- Significant experience of working with all types of data, and synthesising information from various sources to form a comprehensive yet concise picture
- Significant experience of successfully leading impactful customer insights programmes, including experience of designing, managing, conducting and reporting findings from quantitative and qualitative market research projects
- Solid understanding of marketing campaign strategies, the principles of database marketing and experience of working with database/direct marketing teams in order to provide support audience segmentation and best practice advice
- Experience of managing and developing a cross functional team in a matrix working environment
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers excellent benefits. The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office, however we are entering a period of piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.