- Closing date 28 Jun 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Linguamatics is looking for a talented full-stack developer to build new customer-facing text analytics solutions for the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets. This is a new position, which requires a range of front-end and server-side skills to produce well-engineered, responsive, easy-to-use applications.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to the design, development and deployment of new products based around the core Linguamatics I2E platform and its Web Services API. As part of the Operations team, you’ll also be working closely with development and business teams to create market-driven applications of the I2E software. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to help us deliver next generation search and text analytics solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with multiple teams and cross-platform to create new customer-facing solutions for the life science and healthcare sectors on top of Linguamatics’ core products
- Design and coding of responsive, web-based interactive applications and interfaces in a rapid, iterative customer-centric development environment
- Integration of Linguamatics products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- In depth experience of server-side development using Node.js and Express; experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB would also be beneficial
- Practical experience of RESTful web service APIs
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility and developing for mobile devices
- Full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly and a love of rapid, iterative customer-centric development
- Desire to keep abreast of the latest standards, e.g. W3C, WAI and Web 2.0/3.0 developments
- Self-motivated, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.
Linguamatics (www.linguamatics.com) is a young, rapidly growing company with disruptive technology and great people, recently identified as one of “30 to watch” in the information industry. We develop innovative software based on Natural Language Processing. Our I2E text mining platform enables rapid discovery of new intelligence from text and is deployed in areas such as bioinformatics, healthcare and business intelligence, and we are leaders in text mining for the pharmaceutical industry.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to have a disclosure check.
Applications with a CV and covering letter should be sent via email, to:
Heather Stewart, Linguamatics, 324 Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0WG, UK
Email: [email protected]