- Closing date 31 Aug 2022
- Type Part-time
- Duration Permanent
Finance Manager, Part-time (3 days per week)
Biofidelity’s mission is to improve and extend the lives of patients with cancer by enabling better targeting of therapies, early detection of treatment resistance, and routine monitoring of treatment response. Our unique technology is designed to allow rapid, broad adoption of our assays in testing labs around the world, enabling a step change in patient care.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of humanity, openness and high expectations. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can bring real benefits to patients. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary and opportunities for career development, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including private medical care, bonus, share option scheme, pension, cycle to work scheme, 26 days per year holiday allowance and free physical training sessions.
Biofidelity is seeking an experienced, highly organised and diligent Finance Manager to manage the day-to-day accounting practices, ensuring the accurate and efficient delivery of financial information. This role reports to the Financial Controller.
- Purchase ledger maintenance for both UK and US entities
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Take responsibility for year end process
- Supporting the Financial Controller with budget preparation, year end audit, quarterly board reporting and other ad hoc financial projects
- Responsible for VAT, HMRC and payroll processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of XERO or similar accounting software
- Excellent working-knowledge of Excel, being able to utilise a range of formula to manipulate data
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Agile mindset and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task whilst prioritising workload and ability to work with minimal supervision
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT) (preferred)
- GCSE Maths at C/4 or above
- Previous experience in a similar role, with a focus on preparation of management accounts and taking responsibility for the accounting system
- Exposure to cross-border organisations (preferred)