- Closing date 26 Nov 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
This is an ideal opportunity for a junior marketing professional looking to take the next step in their career.
About the role
CW are looking for an Events & Marketing Executive to bring creativity, proactive problem-solving and attention-to-detail to the promotion of CW’s activities. The successful candidate will support the successful delivery of CW’s fascinating portfolio of about 50 events per year. You’ll be helping secure the target number of participants for each event and leveraging the amazing content produced by our speakers to increase engagement on CW’s marketing channels, funnelling potential membership leads from events to the Business Development Team.
This is an ideal opportunity for a junior marketing professional looking to take the next step in their career. You will have the opportunity to manage your own marketing plans per event with full support and coaching available from the Head of Events, Head of Marketing and other team members.
CW is a leading membership organisation for companies involved in the research, development and application of wireless and mobile, internet, semiconductor and software technologies. We deliver about 50 events a year for our technology community, giving engineers and commercial leads an unparalleled platform for networking, knowledge acquisition, recruitment and business development.
It is an exciting time for CW. Over the past two years we have diversified our offering, adding training days, R&D accelerators with major multinationals and sustainability-themed activities to our programme. We’re also a certified CPD accreditation provider!
We have office space at the Bradfield Centre on the Cambridge Science Park and the team are now mixing time in the office with time working from home. The team is small, friendly and incredibly productive. Each team member makes a visible impact on the company’s performance and is fully supported by colleagues and management. Flexi-working is offered to all employees at CW (Cambridge Wireless).
- Working alongside the Event Management Team, create and implement a plan per event to secure the target number of delegates.
- Ensure CW’s key event stakeholders, including sponsors, speakers and members, receive prompt marketing support as needed.
- Working with the Head of Marketing and Business Development Team, leverage the event portfolio and associated content to increase membership.
- Grow CW’s social media channels, using them to drive traffic to the CW site and increase general visibility of CW activities.
- Write, review and distribute email marketing campaigns for each event.
- Design eye-catching graphics for use across all marketing channels.
- Maximise the return from CW’s marketing partnerships and identify opportunities for new partnerships that offer value to the CW community.
- Support the Event Managers to deliver successful events including, for example, reviewing event narratives, proofing agendas, managing attendee registrations, assisting with on-the-day event preparations.
- 2+ years in a junior marketing role
- Experience in email marketing, social media, website maintenance, graphics creation, copywriting, and stakeholder management.
Suggested skills and qualities
- Good organisation skills, comfortable with managing multiple projects at once and working to strict delivery targets and schedules.
- Attention-to-detail, with a high bar for quality.
- Creative problem-solving combined with the ability to be proactive and adapt when plans change.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office, social media tools, website content management systems, and customer relationship management databases.
- When face-to-face events return, all team members are expected to contribute occasional on-day delivery support. While we make every attempt to manage this around our staff’s needs (e.g. travel restrictions, childcare), some level of flexibility to work evenings or travel nationally (with plenty of notice) is preferred.
Please send a CV and cover letter to Eleanor.Brash@cambridgewireless.co.uk.