- Closing date 31 Aug 2022
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
FlexEnable is the only company to offer organic thin-film transistor (OTFT) materials and a complete set of low-temperature manufacturing process for flexible displays and Liquid Crystal Optics films, for manufacture in existing flat panel display production lines. Applications for FlexEnable’s technology include flexible Organic LCD displays (OLCD) for consumer electronics and automotive, and flexible biaxially formable active Liquid Crystal Cell (LC Optics) that actively modulate, bend and focus light for applications including AR/VR Optics and smart glasses, automotive smart windows and switchable privacy displays. Our FlexiOM™ OTFT materials are the world’s highest performance across all key parameters and are already shipping to production partners. FlexEnable supplies OTFT materials, technology transfers, and licenses to its processes to display manufacturers allowing them to upgrade and diversify with truly flexible electronics and tap into exciting new markets.
FlexEnable are currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join the test team. The main purpose of the role is to work as part of a small team providing support for optical and electrical testing of module and system units. This is a hands-on, practical role, working alongside inquisitive, innovative and exceptional engineers and reporting into the Optical and Electrical Test Manager. The incumbent will be a key member of the test team, supporting the activities of the engineers within the team and proactively contributing to Quality Control and driving excellence in Health & Safety.
Responsibilities of the role
- Perform optical and electrical tests on various device types at system and module level.
- Report on findings to test team.
- Work with the team to identify ways to improve existing capabilities.
- Be an active member of the team that will contribute to failure analysis of devices under test.
- The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working within a test laboratory or technical environment.
- The ability to follow and write Process Instructions and other process support documentation.
- The ability to meet test deadlines.
- The ability to communicate in a professional, clear, precise and effective manner – very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to take responsibility for the work within their specific area and make improvements to quality in that area.
- Experience of accurate data collection and competency in recording and entering data.
- The ability to ensure that all safety procedures are observed during laboratory work.
- Experience with data collection and fault finding/problem solving techniques.
- The ability to understand and interpret engineering terminology.
Key personal qualities
- Flexible approach to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skill, including ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Structured, organised and detail oriented in approach.
- Team player with ability to work as part of organisation wide project / functional teams as well as independently.