- Closing date 31 Jul 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Cambridge Consultants are looking for an experienced electronics engineer to be part of a dynamic team within the Medical Technology division. You will have the opportunity to develop and enhance your leadership and technical skills; whilst working on a variety of multi-disciplinary development projects, from proof-of-concept to market launch.
We are looking for talented engineers who motivate and influence others in innovative projects, understand the value of engineering and can explain complicated technical problems/solutions simply.
As an Electronics Design Lead you will be confident guiding multi-disciplinary engineering teams and enjoy working as part of a team to accomplish the goals of the design. This is a new exciting technical position that offers opportunities such as:
· Join a growing and successful company with a well-known design excellence, where taking on new responsibilities is highly encouraged
· To impact on the business and make a real difference to a multitude of people across the world and their quality of life
· Learn about cutting-edge technologies and develop your professional skills whilst working on a variety of technically challenging projects
· Become part of a group of talented engineers with a passion for electronics where you can thrive and realise your potential
· Lead technical teams in innovative product development projects –
· Lead the electronics design on complex, multi-disciplinary projects from a range of medical device industries including surgical systems and tools, diagnostics and life sciences instruments, and consumer medical devices
· Be responsible for various hands-on electronics design tasks in mixed signal electronic designs with a broad knowledge of embedded electronics, analogue signal conditioning, and connectivity applications
· Prepare technical reports and presentations to a high quality, delivering these to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Grow our internal technical capabilities and demonstrate thought leadership in chosen area in support of marketing and sales activities
· Support our commercial teams to provide technical expertise in creating new project opportunities; limited travel may be expected
· Mentor and coach junior engineers both in technical and professional skills
· Degree in electronics or related subjects
· Experience in mixed signal electronic circuit design
· Understanding of product development cycle and system engineering approach
· Experience gained in a technical team lead role
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience in a specific area related to a segment of medical industry
· Experience in working to regulatory standards (knowledge of key medical standards of ISO 13485, IEC 60601 / 61010 is desirable but not essential)
· Programming skills (embedded C, Python or similar languages)
· Experience with PCB design tools (Altium, Mentor Graphics)
· PhD degree, hobby or general interest with a technical or commercial relevance
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.