- Closing date 1 Mar 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
This is a great opportunity to join our publishing management team overseeing the operational activities of our open access journals. As an Editorial Production Manager, leading a team of Publishing Editors, you will contribute to the strategic development of our open access journals, by managing the day-to-day operation of the peer review and publishing processes. You will ensure the journals in your team continue to meet their strategic objectives and deliver excellent customer service for our authors.
Your responsibilities will focus on:
- Managing a team of Publishing Editors, Journals to deliver KPIs in line with the departmental and journal strategies, leading and motivating the team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Managing the team’s workflow from manuscript submission to final publication and ensuring that best practice and a standardised workflow is followed.
- Collaborating with Editorial Production Managers, Journals, Senior Editor, Chemical Science, and the Executive Editors, Supplier Relations Manager and Copy Editing Manager over the coordination of the departmental workflow.
- Working closely with the Executive Editor, Journals to maximise the impact and quality of the journals and deliver KPIs in line with the journal and departmental strategies, and to ensure that submitted articles are reviewed to individual journal’s standards and quality based on the journal’s strategy.
- Overseeing the operation of external Associate Editors.
- Carrying out the publication of RSC journals, including journal issue management, themed issues, and associated tasks to ensure the rapid publication of articles accepted for publication to agreed standards.
- Managing ethical cases, working closely with the Publishing Manager, Quality & Ethics, Publishing Ethics Specialist and the Executive Editor, Journals, following COPE guidelines.
We are looking for
- A good honours degree in science (chemical science normally preferred) is essential.
- Experience of STM publishing is essential.
- Ability to lead and manage a team. Previous experience of managing or supervising a team is desirable and advantageous.
- Ability to train staff effectively on technical and non-technical matters.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- A proactive approach to problem solving is required.
- Good communication skills in interacting with internal and external contacts are essential.
- Proven ability to work well as a team.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative internal and external relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience working with open access journals is desirable, but not essential.
Download the full job description here.