- Closing date 25 Jun 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Here at the Royal Society of Chemistry we have been building our Digital communications team to be a ‘centre of excellence’. We are looking for someone to join us on our exciting journey as a Digital Channels Assistant to help us develop our team further.
If you’re looking to build your career in digital communications and marketing this is a great opportunity to work in a team where you would support and learn from a number of specialist Digital Channel Owner's in delivering excellent customer communication across web, video, email and social media.
As part of your role you will support the effective delivery of communication and marketing campaigns by executing digital delivery.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from the Digital Channel Owner's skills, experience and expertise as you build and develop your own.
As the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 54,000 members worldwide, the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is a £50m-turnover not-for-profit organisation with over 500 staff operating around the world and an award-winning global knowledge business. For 175 years we have promoted, supported, and celebrated chemistry. We work to shape the future of the chemical sciences – for the benefit of science and humanity.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Ensure all content and activity is delivered to a high standard, on time, on brand and on budget, demonstrating organisational values and appropriate tone of voice, inspiring audiences to take action.
- Support the Digital Channel Owners in their roles across websites, email, video and social media marketing.
- Provide administrative support to the Digital Communications team – dealing with things such as raising purchase orders; processing credit card bills
- Apply knowledge of data protection guidelines, working with the Market Intelligence and Customer Insight team to follow appropriate guidelines.
- Apply knowledge of brand guidelines, working closely with colleagues across the directorate to ensure they are adhered to.
- Also, assist with duties to support other teams within the directorate.
We are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with at least one of the following: social media channels (for business not personal use); website management; email marketing – would be favourable.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Experience of proactively dealing with customer queries and solving issues.
- An ability to manage the needs and expectations of customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be efficient and highly competent in the use of software packages associated with PCs.
- Evidence of commitment to Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, please apply by the end of our closing date.
The role is permanent, full-time (35-hour week) and based at the Cambridge Science Park (with free onsite parking and close to public transport).
Download the full job description here.