- Closing date 24 Nov 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Displaylink are looking for DevOps / Build & Tools Engineers to create, maintain and support the systems that support our engineering staff and allow them to perform at their best. This includes automating builds, provisioning of environments and automating our infrastructure with code. Though we are not deploying services to the cloud we have adopted many of the principles of DevOps. We support our development teams by providing services and expertise to them with the emphasis on allowing them to do great work without the DevOps team getting in the way.
In your current role you may be known as a DevOps engineer, Build & Tools engineer or a development engineer who wants to leverage their experience and cross train into a new role. Maybe you have a background in IT infrastructure.
As a Build and Tools Engineer, you will have the following Key Skills:
- Experience of Automating, debugging and optimising build jobs and automated tests using Jenkins, Python, Groovy, Shell
- Configuring static and runtime analysis tools
- Familiarity with a range of development environments and tool chains such as visual studio, Scons, CMake, Android Studio, GNU
- Working knowledge of source control systems
- System admin and automated installation of build servers
- Administration of public or private cloud infrastructure such as AWS/Azure/Google Compute
- Knowledge of virtualisation, containerisation and orchestration technologies (VSphere, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of remote configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible)
- Monitoring, Logging, graphing and alerting with tools such as Graphana/Graphite