- Closing date 31 Jan 2022
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Biofidelity’s mission is to improve and extend cancer patients’ lives by enabling better targeting of therapies, early detection of treatment resistance, and routine monitoring of treatment response. Our unique technology is designed to allow rapid, broad adoption of our assays in testing labs around the world, enabling a step change in patient care.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of humanity, openness and high expectations. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can bring real benefits to patients. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary and opportunities for career development, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including private medical care, bonus, share option scheme, pension, cycle to work scheme, 26 days per year holiday allowance and free physical training sessions.
Biofidelity is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to design, develop and implement biostatistical tools and methods for analysis and reporting of genomic and clinical datasets. In this role you will be providing statistical support to cross-functional teams. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
· Work closely with technology development, product development, clinical and operations teams to understand analysis needs
· Develop and implement biostatistical techniques for design, analysis, and reporting of experiments, including providing insights to help determine next steps
· Develop novel biostatistical methods for analysis of custom molecular biology datasets, including Biofidelity’s proprietary ASPYRE and NGS platforms
· Communicate technical concepts across the company, including to non-technical colleagues
· Work with software developers and quality teams to implement code in line with Biofidelity’s software development procedures and in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience in the development of statistical methodologies, techniques and tools
· Fluency in statistical programming (Python or R)
· Experience in life sciences and working with biological data
· Ability to quickly grasp an understanding of concepts in molecular biology and apply these to data interpretation
· Curious, proactive and problem-solving mindset
· Clear communicator, with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work across the company
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· PhD or equivalent level of relevant industry experience in Statistics/Biostatistics/Mathematics or a related discipline
· Previous industry experience in life sciences in a similar role (desired)
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.