- Closing date 9 Aug 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Temporary
The Royal Society of Chemistry has an exciting opportunity to lead our Journals Customer Services team within our Publishing directorate on a temporary basis (maternity cover), based in Cambridge.
You will work as part of our Journals Operational Management team, and will also work closely with other Sales, Marketing, Finance and Technology stakeholders, offering high levels of support for our customers (authors, reviewers and readers).
As our Customer Service Manager for Journals, you will ensure that our customers are at the centre of the development of our services and will play a key role in overseeing our open access processes. Utilising your experience of STM publishing, you will help shape our customer services team strategy and enable our Journals team to achieve its aim of being the first choice publisher for authors, by providing a superior customer experience.
Your responsibilities will focus on:
- Proactively monitoring and seeking feedback on author and reader satisfaction levels and identifying actions to be taken.
- Setting targets for quality and author satisfaction levels and reporting on performance.
- Maintaining online author/reviewer/reader information and liaising with Publishing stakeholders to ensure that material is up-to-date and meets or exceeds needs.
- Managing a team to support the Journals team’s delivery of excellent customer service to authors, reviewers and readers.
- Keeping abreast of developments within the STM publishing industry that relate to the customer experience and proactively recommending Publishing process and policy improvements and technical innovations to improve performance.
- Liaise with Publishing colleagues to provide content for authoring guides, such as workshops or instructions and guidelines.
- Being responsible for Journals publishing customer data quality on internal systems.
- Working closely with Journal Editorial Production Managers, Operations Managers and our Supplier Relations Manager and Production Training Manager to ensure a high degree of knowledge sharing and a consistent approach to quality standards.
- Working closely with the Journals teams to develop and maintain an understanding of author/reader communities and competitor awareness in relation to customer service.
We are looking for:
- Experience of STM publishing, with a strong understanding of journal editorial and production processes and policies.
- Able to lead and manage a team, and previous experience of managing or supervising a team is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, in interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good presentation, organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- A good team player but self-motivated and able to work independently.
- A good honours degree in science (chemical science preferred) is desirable.
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.