- Closing date 3 Oct 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for a Customer Experience Executive, Marketing to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. Based at our Cambridge office, you will work with a team of marketing professionals responsible for creating and directing a range of campaigns.
The RSC is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 50,000 members worldwide. We have an exceptionally diverse customer base – from teachers, scientists and academics, librarians and industry to politicians and the public. Understanding our key customers is vital to deliver products and services that will effectively support and meet the needs our global chemistry community now and in the future.
As a Customer Experience Executive, Marketing for the RSC, you will focus on increasing customer recruitment and retention. You will work as part of a small team and will be involved in undertaking customer insight research and analysis and persona creation. You will be responsible for measuring customer experiences across key journeys to influence and translate into actionable insights for the business, working closely with our CRM and digital marketing and communication specialists.
With your proactive approach to building relationships with key stakeholders across the business including product and business development, you will work closely with our wider marketing team by contributing insight and analysis to support customer focused strategic marketing plans. We are looking for a proactive professional with strong data and analytical skills and previous experience of working within a CRM role, with experience in both customer insights and working with marketing teams delivering the marketing campaign analyst aspect.
We are looking for:
- Graduate or equivalent with experience in a CRM role to deliver insight on customer behaviour and working within customer insight and marketing functions.
- Knowledge and experience in customer journey mapping and data analytics.
- Experience of/good working knowledge of digital audience measurement, journey analysis and A/B testing methods and customer data with ability to utilise this data (e.g., using tools such as Google/Adobe Analytics, Optimizely) and to visualise data.
- Ability to analyse data to support business decision-making, supported by a high level of numeracy; a good grasp of basic statistical methods (preferred).
- Ability to summarise key trends from customer insight/market/scientific information to produce written reports.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and influence at all levels of the organisation and to work in cross-functional teams, using specialist knowledge to benefit the wider organisation.
- Experience of customer personas and customer segmentation to inform marketing campaigns and market research and carrying out customer/market research and of qualitative and quantitative research techniques (preferred).
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers excellent benefits. The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office, however we are about to enter a period of piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.
The role is based from our Cambridge office, however we are about to enter a period of piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
View and download the full job description here.