- Closing date 31 May 2022
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In the space of just five years, Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world's biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce itself.
From the start, we've invested effort in producing helpful and engaging content. We've led the conversation around bringing DevOps to the Salesforce platform, and our expertise differentiates us from the competition. But there's so much more we can do with your help; right now we have more opportunities than we can make the most of.
As part of Gearset's Marketing team, you'll take our content to the next level, helping us to attract new leads and prospects. You'll focus unrelentingly on setting the standard for what the Salesforce community expects from high-quality technical content. You'll work in a cross-functional team of marketers to produce thought-provoking and inspiring articles, ensuring that visitors find our website and leave it smarter than when they arrived. You'll proactively dive into unfamiliar technical topics to become an expert, able to produce content that educates and ultimately enriches the community as a whole.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, their challenges, and the language they use. You'll think and talk like our users.
- Work with ABM, Events, Sales and Product to identify reference users and share their success stories. You'll develop a more complete understanding of our key buyer personas, product USPs and promotion strategies, taking advantage of a variety of mediums and channels.
- Help digital marketers optimize content for search, build targeted landing pages addressing users' problems, and work on associated ad campaigns to make them discoverable. You'll develop insight into what keywords and messaging help us drive engagement.
- Write and edit technical blog posts. You'll work with developers and marketers to curate a steady pipeline of blog posts that articulate Gearset's perspective on technical topics and community developments.
- Create thought pieces. You'll research and write long-form technical ebooks and training courses on diverse topics, ranging from deployment best practice to the future of DevOps.
- Measure and optimize. You'll use metrics to track the performance of competing channels and content, allocating your time for maximum impact.
- Review and contribute to content written by DevOps experts, both internal and external to Gearset. You'll act as an advisor on questions of style and tone.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with excellent attention to detail
- A technical predisposition, and the desire to keep learning
- The ability to convey complex technical ideas in a way that's engaging and easy to understand
- User empathy, and an aptitude for using this to create content that resonates with and engages relevant audiences
- Fantastic organisational skills and the capacity to manage a pipeline of content across multiple channels
- A pragmatic bias towards action, without too much of a compromise on quality
- Salary is £30-£40k, depending on experience
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office
- Flexible working - your time will be split between working from home and the office with ideally 2 or 3 days per week in the office
- Company Pension Plan (matching up to 5%)
- Bupa health care
- Life Insurance & Critical Illness cover
- Free lunch
- Discounted gym membership, as well as many other wellness benefits
Who are Gearset?
At Gearset, we work with a laser focus on quality in everything we do. Whether in development, marketing, sales, or customer success, we pride ourselves on building a deep understanding of our users, then solving their problems with a team of smart, pragmatic and focused people.
Gearset are a multi-award winning company, we recently received three awards from Best Companies in 2021, including being the 8th best mid-sized company to work for, 3rd best technology company in the UK, 4th best company in the East of England as well as numerous awards won in 2020 including Excellence in Wellbeing.
We’re proud of what we’ve built and how we’ve built it. We work as a team, where attributes of trust, openness and honesty are key, as they allow us to have a feedback-driven culture that keeps us always improving. We’re always hiring. If you’re interested in joining us you should check out our Glassdoor reviews to find out why people like working at Gearset.