- Closing date 31 May 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of life-saving cell therapies using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Contracts Analyst/Manager The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts common to the biotechnology and life science industries, such as material transfer agreements, license agreements, collaboration agreements, sponsored research agreements, confidential disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, vendor contracts, etc.
- Act as the contact between internal stakeholders and the external contracting party to address contractual and legal matters expeditiously and efficiently.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of existing agreements and ensure that Mogrify is meeting all of its contractual rights and obligations.
- Interpret contract requirements, obligations and risks and ensure compliance to company policy, risk tolerance and regulations.
- Set up and manage an appropriate Contract Management System; to include maintaining life-cycle requirements and alert internal clients to key contract dates and actions.
- Work with the finance department to manage and report on royalty bearing agreements.
- Set up and evaluate existing templates for common legal documents.
- Handle multiple projects in a fast-paced team environment.
- Devise logical approaches and suggest how to address complex issues.
- Combine legal and technical knowledge with business understanding in order to provide high-level guidance.
- Review supplier terms and conditions and recommend innovative ways to deal with contract requirements.
- Negotiate contract terms, payment structure and reimbursement.
- Work with Mogrify’s external legal advisors where appropriate
- Maintain and build upon strong relationships with the technology transfer departments from our Founders’ organizations.
- Perform other contract related activities and projects, as assigned
- Assist with corporate work and other tasks, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum (general business, legal, biotech, life sciences disciplines preferred).
- Masters, MBA or legal qualification would be valuable but not essential.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience specifically in contract drafting, negotiation, and administration within the biotech/life sciences or related industry.
- A reasonable understanding of biological sciences is strongly preferable.
- Experience in reviewing, analyzing and negotiating both UK and international agreements.
- Intellectual property/patent experience would be valuable but not essential.
- Company secretarial experience would be valuable but not essential.
Skills and competencies
- Extremely thorough and detail-oriented.
- Ability to accurately and effectively express yourself in writing to avoid any confusion in the agreements.
- Able to communicate with various levels of the organization including the Executive Leadership team.
- Possess strong analytical and problem identifying/solving skills.
- Work professionally and confidentially with sensitive material.
- Conscientious, self-motivated and diligent.
- Strong organizational, planning, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills to proactively manage time-sensitive contracts
- Strong work ethic and a team player.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension (8%)
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 25 Days’ annual leave
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to [email protected].