- Closing date 31 Mar 2018
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The IT Services team are responsible for a broad range of systems throughout the global enterprise. We are looking for a talented IT Support Engineer to enhance our support capability.
Are you a skilled IT support engineer that has experience of providing quality 1st and 2nd line technical support?
If you have a desire to learn, and the ability to combine customer service and technical skills, you could join our busy and efficient IT Help Desk team supporting a wide range of networks, hardware and software.
Main purpose of the job
The IT Services team provide support to over 500 users and deal with a huge variety of issues, problems and requests.
Type of work undertaken by division/group
The IT Services group provides secure, resilient IT systems across multiple sites worldwide. This includes all aspects of providing working systems for office automation and technical computing.
The IT Services group is responsible for developing, installing and maintaining a range of services to support existing and future business systems and processes. The IT Services group also provides high-end technical support for all aspects of the services it delivers.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line telephone, email and desk side support
- Set up and configure new laptops and desktops
- Support video conferencing and audio visual equipment
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Log all calls on the internal system, maintain full documentation and communicate progress to users
- Undertake familiarisation sessions with new recruits on use of systems and Cambridge Consultants’ procedures.
- Experience of working in an IT support role and proven evidence of good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service, technical and teamwork skills
- Good knowledge of hardware architecture and the installation and configuration of supported software
- Good interpersonal, communication, time planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work well within a small team
- Proven ability to implement and support Windows 7
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to administer centralised and standalone printers
- Excellent attention to detail and capability of working to defined procedures
- Ability and willingness to support all areas of the IT services user base as required.
- A desire to learnIn addition, knowledge and/or experience in the following areas are desirable:
- Supporting Office 365 and Windows 10
- Migrating users between Windows versions
- Working with smart phones and tablets such as iPhones, iPads and Android devices within an MDM environment
- Supporting Apple Macs
- Working with PGP, Sophos and LANDesk