- Closing date 31 Mar 2018
We help our clients shape the future of the Internet of Things, smart homes, connected health and wearables.
If you love nothing more than the fully automated continuous deployment of self-healing, auto-scaling, cutting-edge cloud infrastructure then we want to hear from you!
Our world-class team uses the latest technologies to deliver cutting-edge cloud-based extensible and salable digital services.
As a Software Engineer in DevOps you’ll be working on a variety of exciting projects ranging from therapeutic connected devices that treat brain injury patients to smart heating systems and a configuration interface for a network of wirelessly controlled robots.
Working closely with multi-disciplinary teams and like-minded engineers you’ll be instrumental in promoting DevOps best practice at Cambridge Consultants whilst delivering top-notch solutions for our clients.
In this role you will:
- Do exciting work on projects that make a real difference to our clients and their users
- Use tools like Terraform to define infrastructure as code
- Use tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm to deploy auto-scaling, self-healing applications
- Design cloud deployments in Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Use virtualization technologies like VMWare for private cloud solutions
- Design and build continuous delivery pipelines
- Work in agile scrum teams
- Work closely with other DevOps specialists
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in DevOps and help spread the word
- Use your technical knowledge to help in sales presentations
We are interested in talking to people who have experience in:
- Designing strategies for and deploying scalable, distributed solutions on the cloud
- Creating CI/CD pipelines for continuous code deployment and testing
- Working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Implementing robust software security for the internet
- One or more programming/scripting languages
You will have a good degree in a relevant subject such as computer science, software engineering or similar engineering or scientific subject
Ideally you would have knowledge and experience of more than one of the following:
- Infrastructure as Code
- Virtual Machines
- Cloud Server Infrastructure on Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- TCP/IP networking technology fundamentals such as
- Planning virtual network infrastructure for cloud applications
- IPv4/IPv6, Routing Tables
- DNS, HTTP(S), NTP
- CI/CD pipelines to fully automate software delivery using Jenkins/GitLab CI
- Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Redis and Cassandra
- Strong understanding of Linux
- Git and GitFlow
- Security and Encryption
- PKI and Certificate Management
- Building in automated security testing tools as part of CI/CD
- Cloud Monitoring Solutions
- ELK stack
- TICK stack
- Data Dog
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.