- Closing date 31 Mar 2018
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
We develop innovative products at the exciting intersection of High-Performance Real-Time Computing, Signal Processing and Machine Learning.
We are looking for:
- A talented technologist – with a can-do attitude and a real thirst for building exciting new things and making technology work.
- A smart developer – who relishes getting their hands dirty at the core of state-of-the-art Signal Processing and Machine Learning algorithms.
- A keen learner – seizing the opportunity to push at the bounds of their understanding and cut their teeth in new and exciting areas.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, each with their own distinct set of challenges. You’ll be able to get involved with everything from first-principles thinking and research through to the design, development and deployment of live systems. Where you go from there is up to you. We give you the freedom to follow your interests and steer your own career in the direction you want, providing you with all of the support, mentoring and training you need.
Type of work
Projects can start off as small, rapid studies and progress towards large multi-disciplinary systems which involve 50 engineers and more. Our work engages with a broad range of industries and applications but the underlying premise is of developing innovative and bespoke systems that cannot be bought off the shelf.
As you develop, with specific training and support, you will be responsible for the design, development, verification and deployment of products and systems.
You’ll work as part of a team to achieve high-quality deliveries, compliant with the client’s requirements.
You’ll have the opportunity to play a real part in creating the Cambridge Consultants of tomorrow, developing our capabilities and driving the advancement of technology into the unknown.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- A good degree in a relevant subject, such as engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics
- Strong software skills in C and/or Assembly Language
- Strong mathematical aptitude and intuition
- A passion for engineering and technology
- An imaginative and inquisitive mind and eagerness to learn new skills
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous;
- Signal processing techniques and transforms (digital filters, Fourier analysis, z-transforms, matrix transforms etc.)
- Acceleration with GPUs / experience with CUDA
- A scripting language e.g. Python
- Designing and training deep neural networks
- Experience working with embedded hardware and tool chains
- Deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow™ and Torch
- Computer vision and imaging
Graduates with industrial experience or recent graduates with relevant academic course or research experience are welcomed.