- Closing date 24 Oct 2021
- Type Full-time
- Duration Temporary
Are you creative? Do you have excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and laser-sharp attention to detail? Are you a team player?
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for an artworker to join us on a temporary full-time (35-hour week) basis. As part of our in-house Creative & Production team you will support our designers, providing a graphic and digital design service to the whole of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
The RSC is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 50,000 members worldwide. We have an exceptionally diverse customer base – from teachers, scientists and academics, librarians and industry to politicians and the public. Understanding our key customers is vital to deliver products and services that will effectively support and meet the needs our global chemistry community now and in the future.
This is an exciting and creative role in which you will create digital and print work to attract attention, inspire, involve and motivate a wide variety of audience groups. These include teachers, schools, chartered professionals and many others.
You will provide skilled and technically precise support to the team to tidy up and rework creative design, creating documents, fixing typography and make files print ready. Our whole team works together to maintain the high standards and production values that reflect our mission, vision, brand and reputation, and you will play a key role.
We are looking for:
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- Excellent typesetting/layout skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a creative eye
- Experience of Office software (essential) and PC experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of print processes and preparing artwork files for publications and printed material
- Someone who is highly organised, able to prioritise their own work schedule, work to tight deadlines and take a methodical approach to archiving images and artwork
- Someone who is highly motivated, willing to learn and develop in the role
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers excellent benefits. The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office, however we are currently in a pilot period of hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.