- Closing date 11 Oct 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Linguamatics is a leading provider of text mining solutions with a current emphasis on high value life science, chemistry and biomedical applications. Thanks to a great team, and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) based technology, our software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries and has been adopted by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, leading healthcare providers and US government organisations such as the FDA.
We are now looking for an additional application scientist to be located in Cambridge, UK to take an active role in our fast-growing business.
Key tasks and responsibilities
· Support the sales team throughout the sales cycle in demonstrating the value of the Linguamatics solution to the customer
· Travel both nationally and internationally to customer sites to present the Linguamatics solution and provide training where appropriate
· Support the customer and ensure their success in using the product to gain maximum ROI
· Undertake consulting and project work for customers
· Develop compelling case studies showing how the software can be used to solve real world problems.
· Feed customer requirements back to the product development team and help test new software releases
· Assist with customer deployments
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
· Life science or similar degree, preferably to postgraduate level
· Informatics and/or information management skills
· Sound understanding of IT systems and experience of scripting languages, e.g. Python or Perl
· Familiarity with text mining and/or enterprise search
· Familiarity with life science information resources (e.g. PubMed)
· Experience of working on life science or healthcare applications, ideally in a commercial or industrial setting
· Good organisational skills, ideally with project management experience
· Good communication and presentation skills
· A proactive attitude and ability to work in a team
This is a challenging and exciting role in a dynamic and growing company with headquarters in the UK and an expanding presence in the US, and an opportunity to work with top organizations in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and other industries.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to have a disclosure check.
If you think you have the right skills and experience, and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to the team and the success of our business, please send your resume with a covering letter by email to:
Email: [email protected]