- Closing date 31 Dec 2018
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Build great technology that improves millions of lives.
Simprints builds cutting edge technology for some of the poorest and most challenging environments on earth. We are working at the exciting interface of biometrics, technology and international development: changing the status quo in the way NGOs and governments deliver vital services like vaccines, health care, finance, and emergency aid. Working with mentors from top companies like Google, Microsoft and ARM, we design and develop hardware and software using cutting edge and modern tools like Firebase, Angular 4, and Kotlin that reach millions of beneficiaries. Simprints aims to support over 2 million people by 2021.
We are looking for Software Engineers with a focus in Android development to join our growing tech team. You will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of Simprints applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working within a team of dedicated engineers focused on different layers of the stack. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, robust design, and quality product is essential.
You need to be sharp, collaborative, a quick learner, and able to thrive in a startup environment. Past experience with any of the specialities below, and the genuine desire to develop world-class skills, are the ideal fit. You will have a wide-breadth of knowledge, always looking to learn and improve.
- The latest tools. Kotlin, Jetpack, Firebase, TensorFlow Mobile… Excited yet?
- Opportunity to help millions of beneficiaries!
- Co-workers committed to writing high quality code.
- Truly flexible working hours. More efficient late at night? That’s fine by us, start after lunch. We are looking for people who get the job done, not for people who get the job done between 9am and 5pm.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Field work around the world
- Fun, fast-paced Scrum culture
- Quarterly ‘Lego’ days where you can work on any project you want
- Free gym memberships and additional wellness budget!
- Free healthy breakfast and snacks!
- Coolest office in Cambridge (the Bradfield Centre - think ‘mini-Google’) with additional flexibility to work from our London office too.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- At least four years of experience building, integrating, testing, and supporting Android applications for mobile and tablet devices on the Android platform
- Highly capable at reading and writing complex code
- Ability to break down complex ideas into simple pieces
- Understand the importance of automated and scalable testing
- Passion for great design and user experience
- Solid understanding of the full software development lifecycle including application architecture design and testing
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of Android Studio IDE
- Experience working with the Android SDK, third-party libraries (Dagger 2, RxJava, etc.) and web APIs
- Learning. You love learning new things and can pick up new tools quickly
- Flexibility. The best tool for the job won’t always be the most familiar tool
- Detail-oriented. You understand the importance of the small things
- Passion. If building technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you
What are your responsibilities?
- Design Simprints technical infrastructure to support projects all over the world, helping Simprints scale to literally millions of beneficiaries
- Leverage modern tools to achieve as much as possible while being part of a top tier yet small development team
- Write high quality robust code that is easy to test and maintain, and runs reliably in challenging settings
- Develop highly scalable solutions to problems that matter, improving the lives of our beneficiaries