- Closing date 31 Jan 2020
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
Mogrify is a cell therapy development company. We have developed a systematic big data-science approach powered by next-generation sequencing and gene-regulatory data to identify the optimal combination of transcription factors (in vitro) or small molecules (in vivo) for direct cell programming. This allows the conversion of any mature cell type into any other mature cell type without traversing a pluripotent stem cell- or progenitor cell-state. We are applying this approach to address the issues of efficacy, safety and scalability currently associated with cell therapy development.
We have an outstanding career opportunity for an Alliance Manager with significant scientific expertise and responsibility for building and driving alliances world-wide. The role is based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Cambridge, UK.
At Mogrify, your responsibilities include:
- Management of external relationships with top-tier partners, striving to exceed partner’s expectations on all deliverables
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining cross-functional project plans for multiple partnerships within the cell therapy area; this includes direct communication with several internal teams, Mogrify senior management, and other internal stakeholders to ensure that plans are in alignment
- Maintain frequent communication with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders so that all parties are aware of current program status, issues, contingencies, and milestones
- Demonstrate the experience and foresight to identify proactively downstream program risks that may delay timelines and impede progress towards reaching goals, and have the confidence and communication skills to make crisp, explicit recommendations for courses of action to keep program timelines, scope, and cost on track
- Field various day-to-day issues arising from operational aspects of collaborations
- Create and maintain specialized reports, and other critical tools needed for business planning, strategic planning, long-range financial planning, and portfolio prioritization
- Function as the point of contact for internal team members and for the partner, facilitating and documenting alliance communications, escalation and resolution of issues, and partner meetings
- Communicate deliverables and partners’ related obligations to senior management and ensure that contractual obligations are met on time and in alignment with Mogrify’s interests
- Coordinate the compilation of succinct, well written reports and prepare minutes for select internal/external meetings. Methodically track all action items, and find innovative ways to stay abreast of this multidimensional task.
- Prepare summary information on the progress of the program, timeline updates, and risk/opportunity assessment for periodic presentations senior Management
- Active involvement in shaping new partnerships in the cell therapy area
- A degree in the life sciences is required (Ph.D. highly preferred) with a minimum of 6 years working experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry with direct experience in project and alliance management
- A scientific background in cell therapy is highly desirable; MBA a plus
- Experience in managing R&D programs co-developed with business partners in a multidisciplinary project team environment
- Ability to synthesize data and progress on projects and communicate to a diverse audience
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to be extremely effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills are a must in order to work effectively with key stakeholders, including both internal senior management and external business partners
- Team player with well-developed skills for gaining the cooperation of others and brokering communication and harmony among both internal and external networks
- A high-energy individual who strives on success and who has the persistence to follow problems through to their final resolution; understands all aspects relating to “ownership”
- Self-confident and self-aware with gravitas, presence and credibility
Benefits of working with Mogrify:
We offer a competitive salary and stock incentives along with a highly competitive benefits package including, a pension contribution scheme as well as health, dental and life insurance.