- Closing date 15 Oct 2019
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for an Agile Coach (Scrum Master) to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. You will be based at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking, close to the guided busway and Cambridge North train station).
As an Agile Coach for the Royal Society of Chemistry, you will support us in adopting an appropriate Agile framework (including, but not limited to Scrum and Kanban) so that Agile development teams can work with product owners / managers to quickly and iteratively develop products and services, adding value for our customers.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community, an internationally-renowned publisher of high quality chemical science knowledge and the professional body for chemists in the UK. We connect the world of science to advance chemical knowledge for a better future.
We are looking for:
- Experience in a Scrum Master role or leading Agile teams.
- Knowledge of Agile software development and frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban or XP.
- Knowledge of iterative development and the value of metrics.
- Knowledge of software development processes and procedures, including the importance of paying down technical debt.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively influence and collaborate.
- Experience working in a technical role in an Agile environment where continuous integration with automated testing and deployment has been used.
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) accreditation.
- Knowledge of bug tracking and software project management tools (such as Jira and Confluence).
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we offer a great work environment and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.