- Closing date 4 Oct 2018
- Type Full-time
- Duration Permanent
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has an opportunity for an Administrator to join us on a permanent full-time basis. Based in our Cambridge office, there may be the requirement for you to occasionally travel to our London office, although this will be rare.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the largest non-government supporter of chemistry education in the UK, and we reach millions of people every year through media and public outreach. We believe that everyone should have access to a high quality chemistry education, which is engaging, inspiring and relevant. Our activities encompass formal and informal science and chemistry education from primary schools through to professional development in the work place.
As Administrator, you will provide administrative support for the work of our Education and Professional Practice Directorate, with a focus on supporting our regionally based team, schools engagement projects and our Policy team. You will work closely with other administrative staff in our Education and Professional Practice Directorate to ensure our whole directorate receives effective administrative support. You will sit within a team that provides the 'front line service' for enquiries.
Your accountabilities will focus on:
- Undertaking administrative projects and other duties, including educational competitions, educational events and supporting monthly reporting.
- Supporting financial processes by raising and tracking electronic purchase orders, producing invoices and processing expenses.
- Using in-house systems to compile and send promotional messages in relation to departmental events.
- Using your initiative to prepare reports, spreadsheets and write correspondence.
- Arranging meetings for staff, members and visitors, including booking of rooms with appropriate facilities and catering, sending invitations and monitoring attendance.
- Overseeing shared mailboxes, responding to queries and escalating where necessary to the appropriate team.
- Undertaking data input across a number of systems.
We are looking for:
- Previous administrative experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft packages and ability to learn in-house systems.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work as a team.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Being aware of data protection regulations.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support your development and reward your contribution with excellent benefits.
If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description here.