- Closing date 31 Mar 2018
We are looking to recruit a senior project manager with a scientific background. This role will report into the head of product development pipeline and project management. Using their knowledge and experience they will project manage the lab based activities of a large-scale project which will include multiple stakeholders.
The job is based at our Cambridge (UK) site but the job holder will work closely with other project stakeholders in other global locations to deliver the project to strict timelines.
- Responsible for project management of a large-scale project.
- Identify and establish a working project team that enables the project to move forwards. Chair regular project meetings and provide minutes to key stakeholders.
- Establish a clear communication plan for the project and interact with cross functional groups in a productive, collaborative manner.
- Ensure project plans (with clearly defined project risks, scope, goals and trackers) are established with input from key stakeholders and provide regular project status and metrics updates. Maintain an up-to-date project plan continuously checking project deliverables against budget.
- Guide direction and agreement on key decisions and deliverables. Raise issues to senior stakeholders as required.
- Influence project members to ensure timely delivery of the project deliverables.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong project management background, with experience of working within the life sciences industry, and a MSc or PhD in biological science or equivalent experience. Although a formal project management qualification would be advantageous (such as Prince 2), it is not essential. You will have some experience of managing and delivering large scale projects with multiple stakeholders and will have significant experience in project management.
Experienced in using antibody reagents and a strong scientific understanding of antibody validation techniques such as WB, IHC, ICC, flow is preferable.
You will be highly organised, be comfortable working to deadlines and prioritising different aspects of the project. You will be able to work independently and have outstanding attention to detail.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.