- Closing date 31 Mar 2018
Are you a looking for an industrial placement as part of your sandwich degree at University?
Are you studying towards a life science degree?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and a being part of a team?
If you answered yes to all the above, then join us on a 12-month industrial placement as an intern and become part of a rapidly expanding biotech organisation while gaining highly valuable industry experience!
What’s in it for you?
You’ll also troubleshoot cross-departmental issues, transport queries and vendor problems that could impact customer delivery. We provide a world class service to our customers and so it is important that we put them first in everything we do!
Most importantly, you will gain highly valuable exposure to a fast-paced and streamlined logistics department within a globally recognised biotech organisation. As a result, you will develop skills that are highly valued in the workplace such as teamwork, organisation and problem-solving.
What our interns say:
For me, working at Abcam has given me a whole new insight into the variety of responsibilities performed on a day to day basis in a large-scale bioscience industry. The Logistics community, and Abcam as a whole, is friendly and ambitious, and innovation is always key to this constantly evolving company. Within my role as an industrial placement student in Lab logistics, I have been exposed to numerous departments, such as supply chain and Sci QC, which allows better understanding of each departments contribution to the company. I think this has been the most rewarding aspect of my placement year.
Emma (Logistics Internship 2016-17)
What we are looking for:
- You’ll be a confident communicator with a positive attitude at all times. You genuinely love working in a team and are ready to step in whenever needed to support your peers. You can pick up new software packages quickly and follow processes accurately.
- You’re proactive, adaptable and highly motivated. You’re enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills. You will be expected to work equally as part of a team or on an individual basis, displaying solid organisational and problem-solving skills to meet tight deadlines. You are organised and remain calm under pressure.
- You’re an undergraduate studying towards a degree in a life science related field and are on a sandwich degree looking for an industrial placement as a recognised part of your course.
- Step 1. If you’re keen to join us, send us your CV along with a cover letter, including your answer to the following question: “Why do you want to work in logistics at Abcam?”.
- Step 2. We’ll review all profiles and get in touch.
- Step 3. We’ll hold an interactive group assessment centre involving a team exercise, a chat with a manager and a tour of logistics. Should be a fun day for everyone!
- Group assessment centre: Early March 2018
- Expected internship duration: 12 months
- Expected start date: Beginning of July 2018
- Remuneration: Monthly paid intern salary
- Total hours per week: 37.5