- Date 26 Mar 2020
- Time 10:30 - 16:30
- Location TTP, Melbourn Science Park, Melbourn, SG8 6EE
Tickets are free for CW members | £150 (+VAT) for non-CW members.
At this event you will be shown how to optimise radio link with drones and gain a full understanding of the key technological challenges for drone communications.
Drones are expected to be a key element of the next industrial revolution. Already commonplace in agriculture for crop monitoring and pesticide spraying, drones are now finding new applications ranging from infrastructure monitoring and risk reduction for the oil and gas sector, to inspection of long linear assets like power lines. There is a huge surge in demand for high quality drone data. At the same time, regulatory frameworks are becoming more relaxed on beyond visual line of sight operations (BVLOS).
Drone communications and understanding how to optimise the radio link are key to drone performance. At this event, you will learn ways to address key technological challenges such as:
- Drone payloads and battery
- Optimising size and weight
- Lightweight multiprotocol modems and antennas
- Drone mesh networks
- Detect and avoidance mechanisms
10:30 - Registration & networking with refreshments
11:00 - Introduction to CW, from Simon Mead, CEO, CW (Cambridge Wireless)
11:05 - Welcome from our event host, TTP plc
11:10 - Speaker to be confirmed, TTP plc
11:40 - Ben Allen, Network Rail
12:10 - Mark Radford, Co-Founder & CTO, Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd
12:40 - Networking lunch
13:30 - Alex Georgiades, Autonomous Systems Specialist, Innovation Hub, Civil Aviation Authority
14:00 - Dr Keiran Wood, Senior Research Associate, Aerospace Engineering, University of Bristol
14:30 - Gerald Maher, Rohde & Schwarz
15:00 - Refreshment break
15:25 - Ayan Ghosh, Ofcom
15:55 - Peter Morton, Tactical Wireless
16:20 - Closing remarks & event close
- Ben Allen; Senior Innovation Engineer, Network Rail Telecom
- Alex Georgiades; Autonomous Systems Specialist, Innovation Hub, Civil Aviation Authority
- Ayan Ghosh; Ofcom
- Gerald Maher; Government & Security, Rohde & Schwarz
- Peter Morton; MD & Director, Tactical Wireless
- Mark Radford; Co-Founder & CTO, Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd
- Kieran Wood; Senior Research Associate, University of Bristol
Starting at 10:30 this event is kindly hosted at the offices of TTP, Melbourn. As with all CW event there will ample opportunities to network and debate the themes of the day.
Kindly sponsored by TTP plc
TTP is an independent technology company where scientists and engineers collaborate to invent, design and develop new products and technologies.