TLIP Ltd and the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) run IP clinics in Cambridge for the general public that are intended to give basic, general advice on:
- how your intellectual property (IP) may be protected;
- the steps you need to take to protect your IP;
- how you might value your IP porfolio (e.g. if you’re considering selling or licensing to a third party);
- what freedom to operate means and whether it is important for your business; and
- what options you have if you’re worried you might be infringing someone’s IP, or think someone’s infringing your IP.
The IP clinic will run every month or every two months in Cambridge, depending on demand from the local community.