- Date 26 Jun 2019
- Time 08:30 - 19:30
- Location Wellcome Genome Campus Conference Centre, Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, CB10 1RQ
Tickets are £150 (+VAT) for CW members / £450 (+VAT) for non-CW members - Use discount code: CWIC19CWSP25 at checkout for 25% off!
Has technological innovation or industry's eternal drive for better margins been the greatest definer of 21st century economics?
The unstoppable rise of the internet giants to their current positions has been remarkable – and, at least before the turn of the last millennium, unpredictable. A common phenomenon in the technology community is that key innovations pre-empt their most profitable applications.
This "technology first" viewpoint underplays the extent to which vertical markets have always embraced technological change, and the impact that mature industries have on the economics of next generation communications. Many industries have quickly adopted the implications of the connected world and are now pulling it forwards at pace. And the mobile industry, which has relied hitherto on mass consumerism, is now sprinting to keep up with the diversity of demand arising from the complexity of each vertical market.
At the CW International Conference 2019 we are bringing together technologists and business leaders from six vertical markets to explore industry's future requirements of the digital sector and identify opportunities for collaborative development.
Speakers Announced Include
- Mansoor Hanif - CTO, Ofcom
- Ian Simmons - Vice President - Business Development, R&D, Magna International
- Richard Fairchild - Operations Director, Aurrigo
- Greg Dickens - Innovation Consultant, Innovia Technology
- Emma Mee - Programme Manager, Allia
- Stevie Archer - Business Development Manager, 30MHz
- Ian Wheal - Co-Founder & CEO, Breedr
- Ben Crowther - CTO & Co-Founder, LettUs Grow
- Nik Willetts - President & CEO, TM Forum
- Julian Burnett - VP, Global Markets - Distribution Sector, IBM
- Tim Moore - VP Smart Devices, Coty
- Chris Hole - Senior Consultant, TTP
- Harald Kröll - u-blox
- Chris Regan - Head of Business Development, EDF Energy
- Rob Shaw - Head of Asset Intelligence, Anglian Water
- James Dean - CEO, SenSat
- Dan Clarke - Strategy & Partnerships Manager, Smart Cambridge
- Esther Ford - Partner, Marks & Clerk
- Clare Wildfire - Global Practice Lead for Cities, Mott MacDonald
- Elaine Trimble - Director of Urban Infrastructure, Siemens
- Lina Huertas - Chief Technologiest - Digital Manufacturing, Manufacturing Technology Centre
- Duncan McFarlane - Institute for Manufacturing & University of Cambridge
- Nigel Jefferies - Senior Standards Manager, Huawei
We are delighted to announce that CWIC 2019 will include a Start-up/Scale-up zone within the CWIC exhibition. We are looking for 10 exciting companies who will be given the opportunity to present their vision and innovative solutions to the conference delegates. Email: [email protected]