- Date 10 Jun 2019
- Time 18:00 - 22:00
- Address The Bradfield Centre Milton Road CB4 0GF
Make them hire you!
If you think of yourself as a 'web designer', you've got to pause for a second and think again.
Noli Shelala will share the ups and downs of his 16-year journey in the industry and create a group discussion about day-to-day dilemmas and how to overcome them.
Who is it aimed at:
*Freelancers and individuals trading as self-employed;
*Micro businesses of 1-2 people;
*Individuals planning/thinking about venturing solo
You'll see insights on the following areas:
*What do you do?
*How and what do you sell?
*How to price your work;
*How to get a project into your portfolio
*How to ensure you get repeat business and recommendations
This meeting is sponsored by Twin Dots (http://www.twindots.com/) the leading branding, design and development agency in Newmarket. Twin Dots has clients like Cambridge Marketing College, 450 GSM, Racing Welfare, and Devam the jewellers.
The usual format:
18:45: Roll up for a couple of beers in the foyer, & chat, mingle etc.
19:15 start: Everyone introduces themselves: 20 seconds max, mainly describing their involvement with WordPress.
2. Up to 4 * 3 minute pitches. Share discoveries, useful tips, requests for help with charitable projects.
3: WordPress News with our star reporter Ben Attenborough.
4. Main presentation: Make them hire you! Noli Shelala
5. Clinic: Bring along a problem, and the audience will offer advice. If we can't, maybe we'll have a solution by next meeting.
Kinda aiming to finish the formal part by about 21:00, depending on everyone's enthusiasm to chat & discuss.
6. Beer & networking: We should leave by about 21:45 at the latest.