Swavesey is a village 9 miles northwest of Cambridge forming a historical parish of 3982 acres on the border with Huntingdonshire


swavesey

History Swavesey, forming a historical parish of 3982 acres on the border with Huntingdonshire lies on a narrow clay ridge rising to 18 metres above sea level at one time surrounded by fenland. The village was of importance during the early Middle Ages as the centre of a large 11th-century estate.  A castle was built here in the late 11th or early 12th century, though is believed to have been derelict by 1200. Swavesey served as a port and subsequent market town and was fortified at the end of the 12th century.
Education

Swavesey Primary School

Swavesey Village College

Religion

St Andrew's

Bethal Baptist Church

Sports facilities

Memorial Hall

Village Green and Pavilion

Swavesey Village College

Pubs The White Horse
Accommodation Travelodge
More information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swavesey

http://www.swavesey.org.uk

All information displayed on this page is indicative and correct at the time of posting. This information is displayed as a guide only. Please seek independent advice on any information listed