We use cookies on our site to track usage and preferences. Learn more

Great Shelford is one of Cambridgeshire's larger villages, with neighbouring Little Shelford. The village was deemed Britain's twenty-second richest village by The Daily Telegraph in 2011. Located 4 miles south of Cambridge


gt shelford

History The last 50 years have seen the end of Great Shelford as a real village. It has become physically part of Cambridge. The population of 1534 in 1921 has rocketed up to over 4,000 and, to house the growing number of residents, more and more of the village and its environs has been developed for housing. In the 1920s and 30s houses crept gradually along the Cambridge Road to meet those coming south from Trumpington until a continuous ribbon was achieved.
Education Shelford School
Religion

St Mary Parish Church

Great Shelford Free Church

All Saints Little Shelford 

Sports facilities Sports Pavilion 
Pubs

The Plough 

Square and Compasses 

The Navigator

Accommodation Vine Farm
More information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Shelford

All information displayed on this page is indicative and correct at the time of posting. This information is displayed as a guide only. Please seek independent advice on any information listed