Longstanton

Longstanton is a village in South Cambridgeshire 6 miles northwest of Cambridge city centre


longstnaton

History For most of its history Longstanton was split into two parishes: the larger Long Stanton All Saints to the north and the smaller Long Stanton St. Michael to the south. The two may have been seen as distinct by 1086 when the Domesday Book referred to a "Stantone" and a "Stantune", and were certainly so by 1240, distinguished in Liber Memorandorum Ecclesie de Bernewelle as "Stanton" and "the other Stanton". The two villages were not formally amalgamated until 1953.
Education

Hatton Park Primary School 

Pathfinder C of E Primary School 

Religion

All Saints Church 

St Michael’s Church

Sports facilities

The Pavillion

Recreation Ground and Social Club

Cambridge Golf Club

Pubs

The Black Bull 

The White Horse 

The Pavilion

Accommodation Hallmark Hotels  
More information en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longstanton

All information displayed on this page is indicative and correct at the time of posting. This information is displayed as a guide only. Please seek independent advice on any information listed