Surrounding towns & villages

Below are some of the villages in and around Cambridgeshire. Click on the links for each village to find out further information on facilities, education and history


river


Bar Hill 

With a population of 4000 people and located 5 miles north of Cambridge on the A14, Bar Hill is a village in South Cambridgeshire which was purpose-built in the 1960s from farmland.

Bottisham 

Bottisham is a village and civil parish about 6 miles (10 km) east of Cambridge, halfway to Newmarket with a population of 2000.

Comberton 

Comberton is a village and civil parish in South Cambridgeshire 6 miles from Cambridge. Comberton has a population of about 2,300

Cottenham 

Cottenham is a village in Cambridgeshire close to the Fens with a population of around 6000

Dry Drayton

Dry Drayton is a village and civil parish about 5 miles (8 km) northwest of Cambridge covering an area of 829 hectares (2,049 acres).

Fenstanton 

Fenstanton is a village near Hemingford Grey two miles south of St Ives lying on the south side of the River Ouse.

Foxton 

Foxton is a small viallge with a number of well-preserved fifteenth and sixteenth century houses and a thirteenth century church dedicated to St Lawrence.

Fulbourn 

Fulbourn is the 2nd largest village in South Cambridgeshire with a population of approximately 5000 and is situated 5 miles from Cambridge. 

Girton 

Girton is a village and is the home of Cambridge University's Girton College, a pioneer in women's education, which was moved there from a previous site in Hertfordshire in 1872.

Great Chesterford 

Great Chesterford is a medium sized village and civil parish in the Uttlesford district of Essex.

Haslingfield 

Haslingfield is a village and civil parish in South Cambridgeshire, 6 miles from Cambridge with a population of 1550.

Haverhill

Haverhill is a market town and civil parish in the county of Suffolk next to the borders of Essex and Cambridgeshire and 14 miles from Cambridge.

Histon & Impington

Histon and Impington are villages situated just north of Cambridge with the main bulk of the settlements being separated from the city by the A14 road. 

Linton 

Linton is a village in rural Cambridgeshire on the border with Essex. It has been expanded much since the 1960s and is now one of many dormitory villages around Cambridge.

Longstanton 

Longstanton is a village in South Cambridgeshire 6 miles northwest of Cambridge city centre.

Melbourn

Melbourn is a large village in the far south west of Cambridgeshire 10 miles from Cambridge along the A10, north of Royston.

Milton 

Milton is a modern village just north of Cambridge across the A14 with about 4300 inhabitants.

Newmarket 

Newmarket is a market town in the county of Suffolk approximately 65 miles (105 kilometres) north of London and 10 miles south east of Cambridge

Over 

Over is a large village near the River Great Ouse in Cambridgeshire 10 miles north west of Cambridge with a population of approximately 3200. 

Royston 

Royston is a town and civil parish in the District of North Hertfordshire  located 43 miles north of central London and 13 miles south of Cambridge with a population of approximately 14600

Saffron Walden 

Saffron Walden is a medium-sized market town in the Uttlesford district of Essex. The town retains a rural appearance and many very old buildings dating from the medieval period onwards. Situated 18 miles south of Cambridge

Sawston 

Sawston is a large village in Cambridgeshire situated on the River Cam 7 miles (11 km) south of Cambridge.

Great Shelford 

Great Shelford is one of Cambridgeshire's larger villages, with neighbouring Little Shelford. The village was deemed Britain's twenty-second richest village by The Daily Telegraph in 2011. Located 4 miles south of Cambridge.

St Ives 

St Ives is a market town in Cambridgeshire 15 miles north-west of Cambridge and 110. It lies within the historic county boundaries of Huntingdonshire.

Swavesey

Swavesey is a village 9 miles northwest of Cambridge.

Waterbeach 

Waterbeach is a large fen-edge village located 6 miles north of Cambridge  belonging to the administrative district of South Cambridgeshire. The parish covers an area of 8.98 square miles (23.3 km2), found along the A10.


All information displayed on this page is indicative and correct at the time of posting. This information is displayed as a guide only. Please seek independent advice on any information listed