Bottisham is a village and civil parish about 6 miles (10 km) east of Cambridge, halfway to Newmarket with a population of 2000.
|History||Bottisham is one of the group of villages in which the village colleges of Cambridgeshire were originally developed. Opened in 1937, Bottisham Village College was the second of Henry Morris' colleges. The first college was built at Sawston in 1930, and the idea of these magnificent buildings is to draw children over eleven from the villages round into an atmosphere in which they will develop a taste and a capacity for rural life and craftsmanship, with facilities for training themselves in whatever career they desire, and with opportunities for practicing music or drama, cooking or needlework; the colleges also serve as adult educational and cultural centers — they act as a social focus for the life of the whole community. The buildings at Bottisham are charmingly planned so that all the principal rooms run round a curve and look out onto the playing field. Now, it is more of a community CENTRE and a school.|
Bottisham Primary School
Bottisham Village College
|Religion||Holy Trinity Church|
Bottisham Village College Sports Centre and Swimming Pool
|Pubs||The Bell Inn|
All information displayed on this page is indicative and correct at the time of posting. This information is displayed as a guide only. Please seek independent advice on any information listed