Senior Software Developer – Cambridge
Philips Research is looking for an experienced senior software developer to strengthen our software team focussed on engineering medical grade software. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of our strong innovative culture and help shape the future of healthcare.
At Philips, we combine our unique clinical expertise with insights to develop solutions that deliver value throughout the care cycle: from disease prevention to screening and diagnosis, through to treatment, monitoring, health management and clinical informatics. We are there wherever care is given: in the hospital or at home. Our scientists and engineers deliver new technologies, applications and service models to enhance and expand the Philips product portfolio for the future.
The ideal candidate is able to design and deliver high quality software on time, while showing a strong willingness to expand their knowledge of current and emerging technologies. You will be experienced in all stages of the software development lifecycle and will join a team to bring medical grade software systems to production release level. You will be involved in innovative projects; adapting quickly to changes in requirements whilst maintaining consistent code quality.
Experience in the Healthcare sector is not essential but you must have a strong interest in working in this specific area.
· A strong degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· Significant experience as a senior developer
· Exceptional object oriented programming skills in C# or Java
· Strong knowledge of core libraries and software design with UML and design patterns
· Ability to work in a small team
· A passion for software development and delivering quality software
Beneficial skills include:
· Developing medical software according to IEC 62304
· Experience with mobile development for Android or iOS
· Deep understanding of distributed version control
· Test driven development
Please email your CV and covering letter to: