Do you have an interest in the commercial drivers that make technology succeed or fail?
Do you want to work with clients to shape corporate, technology and operational strategy?
Are you comfortable analysing key issues and developing strategic conclusions from a complex and fast moving technology environment?
If so, join us as a Telecoms Technology Strategy Consultant to deliver world class consulting services to a global client base. We currently have vacancies at all levels from recent graduates to senior specialists.
Main purpose of the job
- Delivering technology strategy consulting projects to clients
- Analysis of information, data and trends to develop strategic insight for clients
- Technical and commercial modelling of solutions, architectures and networks
- Working in multidisciplinary teams of engineers and consultants to develop high impact solutions for clients across a broad range of sectors
- Supporting the development of propositions, market insight and other collateral
For more senior candidates:
- Responsibility for leading projects, including defining the project scope through discussion with clients and colleagues, and take a key role in the delivery of the work.
- Identifying the needs of existing and potential new clients for strategic technical advice and for defining market offerings and specific solutions to meet these needs.
- You will be looked to for leadership in evolving our quantitative and qualitative consulting methods in a culture which is well known for applying analytical rigor to pragmatic problems.
- Oversee and lead the definition and delivery of specific client engagements and take responsibility for on-going account development in collaboration with the wider Cambridge Consultants’ commercial team.
Type of work undertaken by Division/Group
Cambridge Consultants is a world leader in wireless communication technologies, with one of the largest independent wireless development teams in the world. The division works across the entire wireless landscape: from high volume consumer applications, such as portable internet-based devices, through to professional high-performance systems, including the air traffic control radios used to govern US airspace. The markets that we address include cellular and telecommunications, healthcare, industrial, satellite, consumer and automotive.
The Technology Strategy Group provides services to clients at the interface between technology and the commercial challenges of business. Our work includes strategically important advice such as investment support, competitor analysis, technology roadmapping and high-level systems engineering. The breadth of our activities in wireless and digital services development and depth of technical capability provides a powerful differentiator for our consultancy services.
As well as being responsible for developing our propositions and methodologies, as a Telecoms Technology Strategy Consultant you will also actively support the sale and drive delivery of client engagements as well as on-going account development. Specific responsibilities are likely to include:
- Deliver qualitative and quantitative analysis for clients
- Undertake desk-based research and analysis
- Interview commercial, technical and operational opinion leaders
- Summarise findings through report writing and presentations
For senior candidates, as well as being responsible for developing our propositions and methodologies, as a Telecoms Technology Strategy Consultant, you will also actively support sales and drive delivery of client engagements as well as on-going account development. Additional responsibilities are likely to include:
- Build relationships with senior management within existing and new client organisations
- Through a consultative selling approach along with our business development team, understand our clients’ long term aims and match these with the full range of Cambridge Consultants capabilities
- Take a lead role in defining projects through proposal generation
- Lead the delivery of projects in a senior client-facing role
- Develop propositions and appropriate collateral to expand our offerings to market
- Develop more junior members of staff in technology staff consulting
- Spend time at client sites, working as an integrated member of client teams to deliver high quality analysis and insight which meets the client requirements
- Demonstrable ability to distil results and draw meaningful conclusions from data
- Excellent team working skills
- A well organised and structured approach to problem solving
- Deep understanding of wireless and telecommunications technology, roadmaps and network architectures
- Market awareness of the wireless and telecommunications sector
- An excellent degree in an engineering or related scientific discipline
- Experience of liaising with clients
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience of IP landscaping or technology road mapping would also be beneficial
For more senior candidates:
- Significant experience of delivering technical consulting assignments for senior stakeholders to address strategic issues relating to wireless or mobile technologies
- Experience working within a consultancy firm or as an internal strategic advisor in a telecommunications or wireless company
- Significant experience of analysis and business planning processes, and credibility in how the methods you use lead to successful outcomes.
- Excellent market awareness and experience in the wireless and telecommunications sector, with an appreciation of the key players in at least one of our market focus areas, and an understanding of where potential gaps lie for innovation.
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees’ careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.