Rapita Systems is looking for a technical sales person to join a successful company providing software verification solutions for the global aerospace and automotive electronics industries. The position is suitable for someone who combines a technical background with proven interpersonal and sales skills.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Talking and meeting with customers and prospective customers around the world, understanding their needs.
- Writing solid technical proposals, working with customers to support the sale of high value software products.
- Selling high value solutions (comprising products, bespoke development and consultancy) to Automotive and Aerospace customers
Required skills and experience
- Strong technical background, including in-depth knowledge of software development and familiarity with embedded systems. Ideally, a degree in Computer Science or other software related discipline;
- Strong interpersonal skills, understanding of sales
- Desire to meet new people and travel extensively around the world
- Excellent written and spoken English language.
- Highly motivated to achieve sales targets
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and ideas;
Desirable skills and experience
- Foreign language skills (especially German, Spanish, Chinese, Korean).
- Familiarity with standards and technologies used in aerospace or automotive software development;
- Familiarity with sales/marketing technologies such as SalesForce;
- Previous experience working for a SME; and
- Automotive or aerospace software experience.
What you will bring to Rapita Systems
- You will increase our sales turnover by achieving sales to the automotive and aerospace markets
- You will support our customers by planning technical solutions that support our customers’ needs
- You will strive to ensure our customers achieve exceptional results through account management
Salary £30-40k basic (depending on experience) + significant OTE (on target earnings).
Location: York or Cambridge, UK.
To apply for this job, please send a covering letter and CV to email (electronic PDF submissions only). STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.