This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work for a leading biotech company at the Cambridge Science Park.
We are looking for a competent and organized multi-tasker with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Good computer, telephone and communication skills are essential. You will be a responsible and driven individual who is highly self-motivated and able to work well alone and within the team.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques (WB, IHC, ELISA, etc)
- Capable of methodical problem solving and ability to identify patterns
- Knowledge of Office Suite essential (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be organized, decisive, efficient and practical
- Attention to detail and ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Empathetic multi-tasker with a positive attitude
- Common sense, good communication skills and memory
- Reliable, discreet and a good time-keeper
- Excellent vocabulary in written and spoken English
- Second language desired (French, German, Chinese or Japanese)
You will be expected to work well under pressure and to deadlines. An attentive an empathetic nature would be an advantage in this role. You will be required to provide technical assistance to customers, and liaise with colleagues to provide excellent and timely customer service by phone and email. In depth knowledge of laboratory technique is essential and a knowledge of bioreagents, consumables and lab equipment is desired.
Knowledge of working with SOPs and to ISO 9001/13485 standard would be preferred. The role will suit graduates with a biology or chemistry degree (BSc, MRes, MSc, PhD) and/or with very good science/maths qualifications at A-level (or equivalent) and/or with practical laboratory experience.
The hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm (one hour lunch). Please apply with CV.