As part of the Schneider Electric organisation, Spiral Software has a strong development focus, with over two thirds of our staff in software development roles. We provide industry-leading technology for the process industries, focusing in particular on the oil and petrochemicals sector.
We are committed to maintaining and building our technology lead making significant investments into research and development each year. Our tools are the established industry leader in crude oil selection and refinery modelling, allowing our clients to make optimal use of available feedstock while maximising safety and minimising environmental impact.
They play a business critical role for over 70 companies, including all the oil majors. Our new supply chain toolset, launched in 2010, expands the scope of our tools into a much broader market. A strong development roadmap will add further modules for scheduling and logistics management as well as addressing other process industries, such as food & beverage, chemicals, mining and pharmaceuticals.
Spiral offers a range of desktop- and web-based products which are delivered to client companies as client hosted or Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. The SaaS infrastructure is managed in-house and includes a server farm based at facility in Cambridge and various other cloud-based resources.
Our benefits package includes a discretionary annual bonus scheme, a share incentive plan, a competitive contributory pension scheme, private health and dental cover, life insurance cover, and high-speed broadband at home.
As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will work as part of a team with responsibilities including
- Implementing application hosting solutions within private and public clouds
- Configuration and delivery of software packages
- Monitoring system stability and performance
- Troubleshooting complex problems and resolving operational issues, working closely with colleagues in a variety of disciplines
- Experience of Windows Systems Administration
- Experience of managing Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience of scripting/automation languages such as PowerShell
- Solid understanding of security best practice
- Proven ability to troubleshoot application and infrastructure problems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of deploying and managing applications on a public cloud provider such as Windows Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Experience of managing and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience of using Microsoft DSC
- Experience of configuring services relating to SSO
- Experience of creating/maintaining application monitoring services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft .NET, Python or other programming languages
Our benefits package includes a discretionary annual bonus scheme, a share incentive plan, a competitive contributory pension scheme, BUPA health and dental cover, life insurance cover, and high-speed broadband at home.
We go to great lengths to maintain a friendly and comfortable work environment, including a fully-stocked, complimentary kitchen and drinks room, and a pool table. Combined with a continuous stream of interesting and challenging work, these have enabled us to sustain a happy workplace and very low staff turnover.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it’s an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company’s future.
Please apply online.