The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences. We have created new quality assurance roles as part of an enlarged Applications Development team to ensure what we build continues to meet the high standards our customers demand. You will be a member of a small team responsible for QA testing all our software products, including our publishing platform (at pubs.rsc.org).
Your primary objectives will include:
- Liaising with business and product owners to determine user requirements.
- Creating acceptance criteria based on high level user requirements.
- Executing tests to ensure that acceptance criteria have been met.
- Assisting the QA team lead in planning and defining the testing approach, providing advice on prioritisation of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios.
- Identifying opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
Experience required includes:
- Experience of QA testing in an enterprise environment.
- ISEB Practitioner Certificate in software testing (or ISTQB equivalent) desirable.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM).
- Experience using automated testing tools and knowledge of best practice for automated testing.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems used within a corporate environment.
- Good technical knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems used within a corporate environment, along with development environments such as continuous delivery and DevOps.
- Experience mentoring junior team members would be desirable.