Do you have excellent mathematical and software skills? Are you inspired by the idea of working on a variety of design challenges and in a fast-paced product development environment? Do you have experience in leading data science projects?
If so, join our talented team working on challenging projects across a variety of industries where extracting information from data is crucial to success.
We are seeking a data scientist, ideally at postdoctoral level, with relevant industry experience to make a significant contribution to our offering in algorithm design and analytics.
You will use your excellent software and mathematical skills to contribute to and lead technology development projects for our clients around the globe. You will be expected to take a technical leadership role as well as being involved in meetings with clients and potential clients.
Type of Work
Cambridge Consultants undertakes over 300 cutting edge technology, design and consulting projects every year. The ICE Division focusses on four markets:
- Industrial – sensors, robotics and logistics systems for manufacturing and retail clients
- Energy – sensing & communications systems for downhole and subsea oil & gas applications and smart metering systems
- Consumer – smart dispensing systems and connected sensor systems for personal care, food & beverage and sports & fitness brands
We combine highly creative lateral thinking with excellent technical skills and a broad base of industry experience to form a powerful development team. Our work ranges from undertaking complete product developments from concept to manufacture, to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, innovation and R&D processes.
As Senior Data Scientist, you will use your excellent analytical skills to understand client requirements and drivers, and foresee technical challenges. You will contribute to, and lead technology development projects.
You will have commercial experience and awareness and, with regard to technical issues, will collaborate with both clients and other engineers on projects. Your role will include using strong technical expertise to liaise with clients to understand their needs and prepare proposals which capture these requirements.
You may also take a project management role leading the team to deliver the whole programme.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Postgraduate degree in mathematics, computer science or related discipline
- Proven technical leadership in a commercial environment
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Experience of implementing analytical algorithms in software
- A creative, problem solving mind
Additionally, one or more of the following would be beneficial:
- Doctoral degree in mathematics, computer science or related discipline
- Team leadership or project management experience
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques