- Are you passionate about solving difficult electronics problems like we are?
- Do you want to help our clients realise their innovative medical products to make a difference?
- Are you a creative and driven engineer excited by cutting-edge technical areas that you can lead?
Cambridge Consultants is looking for a highly experienced electronics design engineer to join our team within the Medical Technology Division as a Senior Technology Consultant. Here, we thrive on the challenges arising from the development of innovative medical devices, often incorporating yet-to-be-solved technical problems. Our work ranges from undertaking complete product developments from concept to market, to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes.
Senior Consultant is a unique role for outstanding engineers who excel in their technical discipline, motivate and lead others in innovative projects, understand the value of engineering, and have the ability to explain complicated things simply.
Apply now if you’re looking to:
- Have the opportunity to join a growing and successful company with a well-known design pedigree, where taking on new responsibilities is highly encouraged.
- Make a real difference not only to our business but also to the quality of life of people around the world.
- Learn about cutting-edge technologies and develop your professional skills whilst working on a variety of technically challenging projects.
- Become part of a group of talented engineers with a passion for electronics where you can thrive and realise your potential.
- Lead innovative product development projects requiring creativity, flexibility, and a balanced mix of dedication and tenacity.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Excellent academic record in a relevant degree.
- Wide range of electronics skills backed up by a strong understanding of the fundamentals in electronics and physics.
- Delivered successful development projects in a leadership role, preferably targeting applications within the medical industry.
- Experience with complex, mixed signal electronics designs with a broad knowledge of embedded electronics, analogue signal conditioning, and connectivity applications.
- Substantial experience in the medical device industry with a track record of working to ISO 13485 and IEC 60601 standards.
- Excellent communication skills to present to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Significant experience in interacting with clients over the full development cycle.
You may also have:
- A PhD degree in a relevant research area.
- Significant experience in a specific area related to a drug delivery device, surgical products, connected medical devices, or high-performance diagnostic instrumentation.
- Business experience including sales, providing a commercial understanding of the value of engineering.
- Hobby or interest with a technical or commercial relevance.