Secure Server Developer. Working with C# on Windows or Linux (Mono) you will work on secure systems for UK government. With knowledge of C#, Python and Web technologies you will develop and deploy systems with connectivity to embedded devices and employing analytics algorithms. As part of our ICE division there will also be the opportunity to work with other industries : Industrial (including Robotics), Consumer and Energy.
Main purpose of the job
An opportunity to get involved in server side technologies for our secure systems work. Working with system leads you will take responsibility for defining and implementing significant areas of code and interfaces, working with CI systems to implement tests in Python alongside writing server side code, building, assembling and shipping operational containerised systems, infrastructure configuration, and devops for existing systems.
Type of work undertaken by division/group
You will be a member of the Software Group, which offers application layer software engineering and computer science skills, from real time and embedded software for standalone or connected devices, through to server side analytics frameworks, including system design, algorithm optimisation, and digital security and authentication. The group designs groundbreaking products for clients at the heart of the ‘internet of things’.
We take pride in the commercial success that our clients enjoy as a result of working with us. There will be the opportunity to further your career not just technically, but also in the fields of business development, programme management, and innovation – essential ingredients in delivering commercial value.
In this role you will be responsible for :
- Design and Implementation of server side components on Windows or Linux systems, writing in C#, and Python
- Infrastructure design and configuration e.g. networking
- Working with a test engineer to define CI tests
- Integrating/Porting algorithms on server side systems
- Delivering high quality, professional code, compliant with the client’s requirements
- Executing project tasks to tight deadlines and rigorous quality standards within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager
- Participating in meetings with clients, potentially including travel to US, Europe and/or Asia for meetings or workshops
- An excellent degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline
- TCP/IP networking/routing knowledge
- Experience deploying VM / Container technologies
- Experience of a messaging technology e.g. RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ
- Experience of production quality software implementation
- Experience of deploying on cloud systems e.g. AWS, Azure
- An imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and develop solutions for complex problems
- Strong communication skills. Ability to explain and defend design and code, and present complex technical issues clearly to clients and internal teams
- Experience working with other disciplines (e.g. RF, server, design teams)
This role will be subject to Security Clearance Vetting procedures
Any of the following experience would be advantageous :
- Designing protocols for communication between server and low power embedded devices, over TCP/IP or custom transport layers
- Experience implementing algorithms on server systems
- Data system design and implementation
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, LORA, implementation of custom protocols)
- Digital Security experience (encryption/authentication schemes)
- Working to regulatory standards such as MISRA, ISO13485
- Blockchain implementation experience
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.